

Well, I've decided that it would be fun to blog about each day of my trip. There are so many stories and details I can never remember to share when someone asks, so I thought this would be a good way to share my experiences one sweet day at a time.
Our first flight was out of Tulsa (we got a great deal on Priceline), so we used some of our Choice Hotel points and stayed at the Tulsa Airport Econo Lodge. This hotel had a shuttle and let us keep our car there for only $20 for the whole month! However, I was a little grossed out by the blood stain and body hairs (I won't name which part) in our sheets. The customer service made up for it though.
We caught the 4:30 am shuttle to the airport, checked in, got a muffin and coffee, and waited. Checking in never takes as long as I think, so we had a bit of time until our 6:55 flight to Newark. Luckily, there was a couple with the cutest little boy beside us in the waiting area, so he kept me entertained for awhile.
At 11 am, we arrived in Newark, New Jersey (so many SNL jokes come to mind every time I think of New Jersey). Since we had 8 hours until our next flight, Zach and I rode a bus into New York City. It wasn't enough time to see everything, but was enough time to decide we don't have much interest in returning. Maybe we'd feel differently if we weren't so tired and carrying around big backpacks...I don't know. Somehow, things rarely end up being as glamorous as they seem in the movies.
Our flight to Dublin left at 7pm and was a very pleasant experience. I have always been impressed with Continental Airlines and try to fly with them whenever I have the option. Everyone had his or her own TV monitor with an ample selection of movies, TV shows, and music. Now, I don't sleep well on planes anyway, but I'm certainly not going to waste time sleeping when there are free movies!!! During our 6+ hour flight, I watched The Ghost of Girlfriends Past, Sense and Sensibility, 2 Office episodes, and 1 30 Rock episode. It was great. I have to admit too that though I'm not terrified of flying, I haven't really liked it in the past either. I did much better on this trip, and keeping my mind occupied really helps.
We arrived in Dublin at 6:55 am, and, well, the rest is for next time.
We are looking forward to reading more about your trip to Europe!! So cool that yall got to do this for a whole month! Yes, we LOVE the in flight movies as well. Really helps to pass the time. If you ever want to see lots of movies for "free" again...think of how many you could watch on a 13 hour flight to Japan. (hint, hint)
ReplyDelete