Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween Weekend

I decided to take a break from blogging about the trip and post a few pics from Halloween weekend. Zach and I decided to opt out on the semi-annual costume party this year, and stayed home to have a little festive fun of our own. We had seen this "jack-o-lantern" pizza on a Papa Murphey's commercial and thought it looked very doable. Indeed it was. Here is the finished product:

Then, we decided to paint (instead of carve) some pumpkins so that they would still be around for Thanksgiving (those carved ones seem to shrivel up in no time). We searched online for some cool patterns to paint, and here's what we came up with:



As if that all wasn't fun enough, on Sunday morning, my BFF, Katie, and I ran the Springfield Bass Pro Half-Marathon (a great course I might add). Seeing as how she's 2 months pregnant, we set out with very low expectations for our performance. However, we both ran our fastest times ever at 2:28:54! It was loads of fun and lots of great memories were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment