Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Little Ranting, if You Will

So, I had a client recently. A married couple, actually. Wife went first, husband went second. The man was so darn nice, too! He had surprised his wife on this whole vacation thing, and "really wanted to pamper her". I was almost finished with the massage (5 minutes left, and he snored the other 55), when I hear, "Um, excuse me." "Yes,"I replied. "Do you do inner thigh massages?" He timidly inquired. "No," I said. I put my hands on his back for a second to complete the massage, then exited the room. Now, I wanted to believe that his request was completely innocent...maybe his inner thighs are just really tight. But, c'mon! A general feeling of ickyness just came over me. Not to mention the fact that his wife was right outside the door!!!

Though nothing apparently inappropriate (aside from the question) occurred, a slew of yucky feelings and thoughts plagued me for the rest of the day. I almost felt dirty just knowing that someone would even make that implication that I would even, well, nevermind. Then, thinking about how his wife was just outside enjoying the relaxation of the massage her husband just treated her to, all the while...Then, I got to thinking about how I don't ever want to be made a fool of as a wife, and maybe I already have, the thoughts just keep coming and coming, and I want a way to ensure that I will not be made a fool of!!! Then, I remember that nothing is sure. I am not guaranteed anything but the love and faithfulness of Jesus Christ. Somehow, that is enough.

2 comments:

  1. yes, it is. Helps that you still get paid for yucky clients too, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that IS awkward. Glad you got to rant and get it out though... ickness.

    ReplyDelete