So, for Lent, I felt a prompting to give up...control, yes, control. It's not exactly as concrete as, say, chocolate or internet, but it's been an interesting two weeks. I've known some real "control freaks" in my life, and I don't think I'm anything like the people of whom I am thinking. However, during these past two weeks, I've begun to see what being a "control freak" looks like for me. What's more, I would like to share these observations with you, one at a time, as a sort of Lenten confession.
Observation #1: The "what's next" control. Zach and I are definitely in a transition time right now. We're renting a home, and praying about what's next. Though I would say that I trust the Lord to guide us through this time, I find myself wanting to figure it all out. For me, this looks like spending a lot of time online looking at land or other opportunities that may take us elsewhere. Though there's nothing wrong with this in and of itself, the obsession with which I do it, and the frustration I feel afterward tells me that I'm trying to take control.
In these moments, I'm trying to listen to and obey the Voice that says, "Let go." I would appreciate your prayers.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment