Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 15: Off to the Cotswolds and the Frogmill Hotel

Neither Zach nor I had slept very well the night before. He was hit with an awful headache and I with some severe pain, which usually accompanies me every 30 days or so. However, by the time we got dressed, ate breakfast, and were in the car, both of us were feeling much better.

Our next stop on the journey was in an area of England known as the Cotswolds. As with the Lake District, it consisted of many smaller towns. Our hotel was in Andoversford, and we drove right to it, despite terrible directions. I had booked 2 nights for us at the Frogmill Hotel and wasn't quite sure what to expect as it had been newly renovated and was due to open just a month or so before we arrived. However, as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I knew we had found a quality place.



After we had checked in and unloaded our backpacks, Zach and I decided to go exploring in the nearby towns. Our first stop was Bourton-on-the-Water, a quaint little town with a waterway running through it. Bourton was filled with interesting little shops and eateries, and we thoroughly enjoyed perusing all they had to offer. When we felt like we had seen what there was to see, we drove to Stow-on-the-Wold and visited the little shops there.

By this time, most of the shops were closing for the evening, so we headed back to our hotel for an early dinner, a hot bath, and a Gwyneth Paltrow flick. As I laid there in our fluffy bed, I had to conclude that, of all the stops on our trip, this was truly one of the most relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment