Monday, January 4, 2010

Otis

Yesterday had the potential to be a real downer. I woke up early, put something in the oven for Super Sunday, showered, and was nearly ready when Zach said,"Oh, church is canceled." After he finally convinced me that he was serious (which involved actually showing me the text he'd received), I dried my hair and crawled back in bed.

After waking back up (at 1 o'clock), the rest of the day involved much TV watching, tidying the house, and building my first snowman ever! The snow was a little too dry to form balls, so we used planters and other buckets we had lying around. By the time we were finished, our man looked like a Shriner, complete with leaf-hair and some sort of dried berry neck-tie. I wanted to use something more colorful for his eyes (like Peanut M&M's), but Zach kept saying, "No, let's keep him natural." Upon completion, I named our little man Otis.


The rest of the day included sharing a meal and playing games with Aaron, Kristin, and Maddie. We had a great time, and it was nice to get out of the house, even if just next door. For a day I wasn't too sure about, it ended up being quite lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment