Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Days 24 Through 26: Happy Wanderings

The rest of our days in San Gimignano were spent just wandering around, exploring all of the oddities one can find in a medieval town.  






We ate pizza most every day and had gelato from a gelateria that claimed to be the world champion ( I was really tempted to pull a Buddy the Elf there).

  Thursday was market day in town, so we thoroughly enjoyed seeing what all the various vendors had to offer.  Since I only had a backpack, my purchases were fairly conservative.  I bought a few artistic postcards and a pair of wooden salad servers with ceramic handles.  

After shopping around, Zach and I wandered outside of the city walls, where we happened upon some medieval fountains and gorgeous views of the area.  


 Then, there was this tiny truck.

Our last day here was spent just being lazy, playing cards, and drinking coffee.  That evening, Zach cooked us a delicious dinner of sausage (made locally), spinach, and grilled vegetables, followed by tiramisu and white wine (also made locally). It was a wonderful way to end a wonderful week. 


Next stop: Rome!



No comments:

Post a Comment