There's not much to say about Day 22 as it was just another day of trying to figure out how to get around. It was actually one of the most frustrating days of my (and Zach's) life, so we'll just leave it at that. Day 23, on the other hand, was a day of Italian perfection.
When we got into town, we perused the various shops and stop for pizza and gelato. On the trainride from Paris, someone had told us about a tower in San Gimignano from which you could see for miles and miles (I think it's kind of famous, but I'm not sure). So, we bought tickets and climber over 200 very steep steps to the top. Let me just say, it was well worth it. We enjoyed such breathtaking views of what seemed like all of Tuscany, words just cannot describe.
From there, we wandered around the town some more and came upon a wine museum (at first, I accidentally typed "whine". What if there was a "whine museum"? That would be annoying). Anyway, I bought a glass of the local white wine and took it out into the courtyard, where a man was playing classical guitar. Again, breathtaking...in a different way.
After our wanderings, Zach and I enjoyed dinner at a restaurant in the main square. We both had pasta for dinner, then ordered this crazy dish for dessert- ice cream in the shape of spaghetti! It's hard to tell from the picture, but the chocolate ice cream did actually look like little noodles.
After dinner, we walked home, and enjoyed the serenity of the Tuscan sunset (I was a little late taking this picture, but you can imagine...).






No comments:
Post a Comment