Monday, May 9, 2011

Pregnancy So Far...

Now that six months of my pregnancy have flown by, I thought I would write a little bit about the experience before it's over! We found out on Christmas Eve that I was, in fact, pregnant. After about a year of seeing only one pink line, it was quite surreal to see that second one pop up (I apologize for the urine in the picture).


I had tried to keep my suspicions a surprise from Zach up until that point, but alas, I was stuck in the truck with him when my nurse called to talk to me about when I should take the test. So, here we are, proud and excited in our PJ's.

My first trimester ended up being an awful blur. For some reason, I didn't even consider the fact that I would get sick, and no one could have prepared me for the sickness I did encounter. My poor little sister was experiencing the same thing in her pregnancy, so she was a good encouragement and someone to whom I could whine. All I can say is that it's the worst I've ever felt in my whole life. Somewhere in week 14, I began to feel better. So here I am with what little bit of a belly I'd managed to grow at 15 1/2 weeks.


Then, at 18 1/2 weeks, we found out the gender of our little baby! She's a girl, and I'm so proud of her already. Seeing her was amazing, but now I just want to keep seeing her. Shortly after this, I was able to feel her move, so this is when the pregnancy actually started to "feel" real. Here's my beautiful little Lily:


Now it seems like her growth is happening more rapidly. This is around 22 weeks, I think.


And just yesterday, I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day. Zach was so sweet; he gave me a calla lily plant (very thoughtful) and a very sweet card. We went out to eat for lunch, then spent the evening with family. The only thing that would have made it any better was if Lily was actually in my arms. I just can't wait to meet her. I guess I'm going to have to though as she still has some very important milestones to achieve in her development. August will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

  1. Anne Victoria - thank you for your update! I am 14 weeks 2 days, and have never been more miserably sick in my life than these last 3 months!! Although I am not happy to hear that you were sick (it's terrible!), I am grateful for someone who has experienced the same thing! Nearly everyone I talk to was not sick in their pregnancy!!! AHHH!! I keep hoping the days will get better, and occasionally they are... I get a 4 hour, non-sick break every now and then or something.. but really, I just cant wait to feel better so I can begin to feel more excited! Thank you again for the encouragement in your post that things DO look up! I am so SO excited for you and your little Lily. You're going to be WONDERFUL mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're sick! It really was hard for me to enjoy the reality of being pregnant when I felt so bad. Have you tried Zofran? I'm not a big fan of prescriptions, but it sure did help. My sister took it as well. Also, those motion sickness wristbands helped her a lot. Hopefully, you'll start to notice a difference in these next couple of weeks. Will you guys be coming down soon? Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete