Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Great Two Weeks

2 weeks ago marked 28 years of life for me. Things
have been kind of hectic lately, so I decided to celebrate in a more low key fashion this year. I woke up to the lovely smell of pumpkin muffins, baked by my sweet husband. After exercising & getting cleaned up, I met these adorable ladies at my favorite lunch establishment- Sugar Leaf Treats. Apparently, it's a lot of other people's favorite because the line to order took an hour. If it hadn't been for Pam & Susan, we'd have never gotten a table.


If the day would have ended there, I would have been satisfied, but the merriment continued! I picked up my fun friend, Fiona, from school, & we went to Starbucks to have some drinks & talk about Philippians.












For dinner, we met the Kuenzles & Hanleys at another favorite of mine, Tijuana Willie's. Then, we went back home where my sweet niece helped
me open gifts. She was a great help, and kept saying, "Auntie, Happy Hue, Happy Hue!"



Last week, we celebrated my favorite holiday- Thanksgiving! We had 19 people over for dinner, & I must say, they were 19 pretty fun people. The crowd included: Kuenzles, Hubbards, Bolgers, one Gebhart, one Montgomery, & the Hanleys. They day began with a little snow, though I don't think you can tell from my first picture.

We had delicious fare including all the Thanksgiving essentials (turkey, cranberries, stuffing, sweet potatoes, & an assortment of pies).









For the most part, people just hung out and chatted, played games, or watched a movie.





I mentioned earlier that the Hanleys joined us, which brings me to the next great part of the day. They weren't planning on spending the day at our place, but Kristin started having contractions early that morning. Since we're only 10 minutes from the hospital, they decided to join us for dinner! Then, my sweet little nephew arrived that evening. It was a great day.

Oh, and you can actually see the snow on our house-in-progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment