Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Making of a Country Cottage: Part 1

Well, the process of building our precious little cottage in the woods has begun, sort of. It turns out that building a country home is much different than building a neighborhood home in suburbia, in that it takes so much more preliminary work (digging for the septic, digging for the well, cutting out a driveway, etc, etc, etc).

So, while Zach was working hard on said work, I decided to go exploring through our 3 acres (which feels like we own a large forest!).

This is a picture I took standing at the top of our driveway. Zach has tried hard to conserve as many trees as possible, so we've ended up with a cool curvy drive down to our home site.



A panoramic view of where our home will sit


The tree you have to cross to get to the back of our property


I'm pretty sure a very cool and well-dressed rabbit must live in here


My perception of this: "Lovely". Zach's perception of this: "Crap that needs to be cleaned up".

Me: Hey babe, we've got a mini-mountain! Zach: Babe, that's a rock shelf. Me: Whatever. It's awesome, & I love it.

I envision killer Easter egg hunts

Though I'm very excited to live in such a magical place, what I'm most looking forward to is sharing it with the people I love!

3 comments:

  1. Jealous... very very very jealous... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing it. It is sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete